There are many different types of water dispensers out there. If you’re considering purchasing one for the needs that you have, you need to consider what you’re going to be using it for, then compare the units out there.
This means going through the many options and making your choice. You need to ensure that you choose the right water dispenser for the needs that you have – since you need to make sure it is going to perform in the way that you would like.
Take a minute to look at the options, then consider the many types available. Once you do that, you’ll be able to narrow your decision down to a few choices instead of having too many and becoming overwhelmed with all of the possibilities that are out there.
Consider these features before choosing your water dispenser to fully enjoy all of the benefits that come with owning a water dispenser in your home, office or other area of interest.
Make a list of these specifications and which ones are the ones that you would like on the dispenser that you’re going to be bringing home. From there, you can keep track of what it is that you want to get out of the dispenser.
Considerations to Make Before the Purchase
Before you purchase the water dispenser, consider these many things. Each type of water dispenser comes with different features that are more beneficial to you or may not be – depending on your particular needs for the dispenser.
Where it is Being Used
Depending on where you’re going to be using it, you have to consider all of the aspects that come with that particular area.
- • If you’re using it at home, you might want one with a lock for children, while also being able to provide you with convenience.
- • You might want something that is more for the counter at home, than something that is going to take up a lot of foot room.
- • If you’re going to be using it in an office for the guests or employees, consider one that is larger and provides both hot and cold. You can then provide hot drinks, as well as cold to everyone.
- • It should also be one that has a lock, in case you have guests that are children.
Direct Line or Water Jug
You should consider whether you want to use a water jug at the top that dispenses the water for you, or a direct line access.
- • Generally, in homes you’re able to use the direct water line access.
- • You can connect it right to your plumbing and filter the water that comes out so you can drink clean water.
- • If you’re putting it up in the office, then you might want to consider a large jug. This is something that is going to be easier to refill and you do not have to worry about putting it in an awkward place that does not have a direct water line feeding to it.
Hot Water and Cold, or Just Cold
You have the choice between hot water, cold water, or both in the dispenser that you choose.
- • Depending on the types of drinks that you want to offer, you may want to choose one alone or use them both. This is a must for anyone.
- • If you want to offer your guests and employees hot drinks then having the hot water feature can be beneficial.
- • If you’re using it at home and you would like it for your hot drinks and even hot meals such as oatmeal, the hot water feature can come in handy.
- • If you’re not really big on the idea of having hot water out of a tap, consider choosing a model that only has cold water.
The Types of Dispensers
There are numerous types of dispensers to choose from. Based off of the answers you have for the previous choices, you can go with one or another to provide you with everything it is that you need.
Consider these options and then speak with the company that provides them for you. It can be well worth it to learn more about each model specifically prior to purchasing it.
You’re then able to learn more about that specific model compared to others that might be the same type, but are from a different company.
Top and Bottom Loading Bottle Dispensers
- • Top and bottom loading bottle dispensers are ideal to use when you would like to use bottled water.
- • This allows you to get crisp, clean water without having to worry about hooking it up to a plumbing area in the home.
- • You are able to order the bottles easily and install them just as quickly.
- • The bottles are ideal to use in settings such as an office or waiting room where a plumbing connection is not possible.
- • You’re able to choose water jugs that are larger or smaller, depending on the size that you need.
Free standing units provide water from a reservoir that is filled through a jug.
- • These provide filtered water and are easy to use.
- • They are more portable than other models on the market.
- • The reservoir will need to be filled often, depending on the amount of water that is used through the unit.
- • With this in mind, it is ideal to use when only a few people are drinking the water from it.
Wall mounted water dispensers are ideal to hook up to plumbing pipes throughout the home.
- • The unit is also off the floor and doesn’t take up counter space.
- • You’re able to get filtered water through the system easily.
- • It is also a unit that is ideal to put in a household since you’re able to get an unlimited amount of water through the pipes and the unit at all times.
- • This is also ideal to use in places where a plumbing hook up is available.
- • There are no water jugs needed and no refilling is necessary.
Counter Top Water Dispenser
Counter top water dispensers are ideal to use when you do not have a lot of floor space.
- • They are smaller and sit on the counter.
- • They can be hooked to either a plumbing unit or filled with water from a jug.
- • They are smaller than other units, so they wouldn’t be ideal for large families or offices with many people drinking from the unit.
- • They are easier to hook up and require little work to get them going.
Point of Use or Bottleless
A point of use or bottleless dispenser is a larger dispenser that requires a hook up to a plumbing pipe.
- • This is a large unit that can be ideal in offices and other large buildings.
- • It can be used in a home as well, but you will find more commercial use of this large water dispenser compared to some of the others that are readily available on the market.
- • The dispenser filters the water for you, so you can ensure that the tap water you drink has been cleaned.
With so many options, you might be at a loss on which one to go with. Just retrace your steps, consider the above options and then think of which ones would be better for you to use. This is always a good thing to consider since you want to ensure that the one you choose is going to be able to provide you and everyone else with drinking water, but in the right way.
With this in mind, you’re then able to choose what is best for you, your office, your home or any other area where water is needed.
No matter what choice you make on which dispenser to go with, you know you’re making the best one for the needs that you have. Be prepared and ready when it comes to providing the crisp, clean and healthier water that you want with the help of a water dispenser.
The post You Probably Didn’t Know there Were This Many Types of Water Dispensers appeared first on NewAir.com Knowledge Base.